We welcome you to our post on the best long distance running shoes! It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or a ruler of the roads; we have included a pair for every runner. This post will guide you in finding the best running pair that will allow you to reach goals from 5000 to 10000, all the way to marathons and way beyond that.
Finding the right pair not only will keep you well braced with all your running targets but your feet will feel very relaxed during as well. In this post, we will provide you with a brief buying guide to assist you in what to look for when buying the best pair along with best long distance running shoes reviews.
So let’s get going with the reviews first!
10 Best Long Distance Running Shoes 2019
Adrenaline by Brooks
Mesh, Rubber, Synthetic
Brooks presents the best long distance running shoes that deliver a great streamlined look and stellar cushioning simultaneously. It provides the runner a high-energize cushioning that is suitable for all type of runners. The flexible synthetic mesh on the upper of the shoe offers a structurally supportive, flexible, and breathable piece. The midsole is removable and adjustable for providing the customize fitting along with safety.
As a runner, you’ll enjoy in-shoe feel because it comes with lining comfortable fabric. The manufacturer delivers a dynamic ride due to the use of BioMoGo DNA and it presents the gender-friendly cushioning.
The midsole of the shoes uses tri-density foam. Why does this matter? It provides great support to long-distance runners and a smoother transition.
The HPR Plus is used to construct the outsole of the Adrenaline shoes that increase the durability of the sole. The Flextra rubber offers a great level of support and stability corresponding with weight and gender for increasing flexibility. It is available in a combination of colors and multiple sizes.
- The Flextra rubber is used to construct the outsole that provides enhanced stability and maximum support.
- The mesh material used at the upper of the shoe offers breathability.
- You can purchase the best long distance running shoes according to your size and trendy color because it is accessible in plenty of sizes and colors.
- The tri-density foam in the midsole offers structural support to the runners.
- It comes with Crash Segmented Pad that offers smoother transition and delivers more reliable, durable, versatile, comfortable shoes.
- The quality of the upper fabric of the shoes is not durable.
Brooks presents the best running shoes for the men by using imported quality material. The top layer engineered with mesh gives much-needed stretch so you can enjoy your long distance running.
That’s not all. . . It is equipped with a rubber sole that provides stability. You can walk or run at the slippery floor confidently. The rubber sole makes the Ghost 10 shoes more flexible, thicker, and more comfortable.
Additionally, the inner sole of the best long-distance running shoes provides the runner a well-cushioned and smooth ride. The soft fabric with lining offers a great-in-shoe feeling to the runners. It gives excellent arch support such as medium to high.
The synthetic overlay helps to provide you lightweight and more effective long distance running shoes.
The BioMoGo DNA blended Ghost 10 shoe are earth-friendly shoes. The design offers gender friendly cushioning to the runner for giving a dynamic ride. All type of feet can feel smoother transition due to entire Segmented Crash Pad. You can enjoy natural forefoot fluidity and movement because the Omega Flex Grooves comes with it.
- The top layer of the shoes covered with a mesh material presents needed stretch.
- Highly breathable shoes.
- Removable insole foam provides a well cushioning and smoother
- Ghost 10 is more economical and accessible in different trendy colors.
- It comes with BioMoGo DNA that presents responsive and eco-friendly shoes.
- The soft rubber sole provides an excellent grip to the runner.
- It comes with a narrow fitting that is not suitable for all type of runner.
The ASICS used multiple innovative technologies that minimize the risk of injury and help to improve the running efficiency. Gel-Kayano 24 is equipped with forefoot and rearfoot GEL-Brand technology that help to improve shock attenuation. The FLYTEFOAM fibers provide a full back bounce, which also offers lightweight cushioning.
What’s more? The top of shoes comes with FLUIDFIT, which provides stretch mesh in multiple directions. This upper provides the runner an exceptional and flexible fitting as well. The Gel-Kayano 24 shoes provide structural support and enhance efficiency due to use of GUIDANCE-LINE technology. The premium quality rubber is used to design the outsole of the shoe. This rubber offers an excellent grip and stability in all weather.
The FLYTEFOAM used in the midsole offers property of cushioning with exceptional durability. The imported textile with synthetic material is used to increase the performance of the shoes.
- You can choose the appropriate size for the running purpose as well as accessible in plenty of colors.
- It comes with a rubber sole and offers a proper grip on every surface.
- The FLYTEFOAM is used to provide additional support to your ankle and feet simultaneously.
- The use of multiple technologies reduces the injury level as well as increases the performance and efficiency of the shoes.
- The Company constructs the shoes cheaply but it does not provide well cushioning to runner’s feet.
Saucony manufactured the best long distance running shoes especially for the women who like to run for fitness. It is categories as a series of natural running shoes that has sweeping lace-keeper on the top along with multi-knit mesh.
The Kinvara 7 running shoes for women provides heel-to-toe 4mm offset. The premium quality foam is used to construct the insole of the shoes, which provide a well cushioning to the runner.
Now that not all it has to offer. . . It has a removable insole that offers EVERUN cushioning and helps to increases the efficiency of the shoe. The outsole of the Kinvara 7 shoe is a combination of versatile IBR and carbon XT-900 rubber. This ultra quality rubber presents the shoes that are more suitable for a runner because it provides a great grip at slippery places. It helps to provide exceptional stability and more flexibility.
You are able to choose the more trendy shoes for yourself because it is available in plenty of colors. The manufacturer designed the shoes in multiple sizes to permit you to choose the appropriate size. The heel of the shoe is equipped with EVERUN that help to give your heel a comfortable and more cushioning feeling. FLEXFILM used at the top of shoes allow the feet to move in a flexible way and enhance the energy of the runners.
- The top of the shoe covered with FLESFILM that permits the runners to move their feet in a flexible
- Your heel will feel more cushioning while you are running or walking due to the usage of EVERUN.
- The outsole of the shoe is equipped with Tri-Flex that delivers optimal flexibility, great stability, and enhances ground contact.
- It is accessible in multiple combination colors that provide the trendy running shoes, especially for the women.
- The upper mesh presents the breathable, reliable, anti-slippery, and well-performed running shoes.
- Laces may start losing up just after a mile.
Nike uses multiple technology and high-quality material to deliver the best long distance running shoes for the men i.e. Pegasus 34. The top is engineered with synthetic and mesh that offers breathable and lightweight shoes. This material increases the ventilation and provides a comfortable feel for a longer run.
In addition to that, Pegasus 34 running shoes deliver ideally fitting to every runner because the company uses the Dynamic Fit technology. Plenty of Zoom-Air units are equipped with the best long-distance running shoes, which provide responsive cushioning.
The partial-mesh bootie encloses the foot for providing the comfortable and plush fitting. The runner feels more cushioning while walking or running because the ultra foam is used to present cushioning sole.
You will also get the underfoot support because of Fitsole sock-liner. It is accessible in multiple colors and available in different plentiful sizes. All type of runners having a different shape of their feet and this is an ideal and an excellent choice because it will calm your feet and provides you an extraordinary comfortable experience.
- The synthetic material is used to construct the Nike shoe that makes the shoes more breathable.
- Dynamic Fit technology provides a comfortable fitting and conforms all shaped foot.
- You can purchase the best long distance running shoes as well as it is available in multiple colors and sizes.
- Pegasus 34 is equipped with Air-Zoom units that present the ventilated, reliable, and durable shoes.
- The mesh wraps the runner foot for providing the comfortable, smoother, and plush ride.
- It starts creating discomfort after a couple of hundred miles.
The Cloudsurfer ON gives long-distance runners a plush ride. It promotes the energized, centered, and more efficient running position. The combination of synthetic and mesh material delivers traditional shoes because it offers structural support and breathable shoes. It protects you from multiple injuries by providing additional support where it is appropriate.
Furthermore, the heel of the shoe is padded with ultra foam that conforms your heel while you are running or walking. A padded collar and tongue provide an experience that is more comfortable for you.
A molded built-in insole offers you arch support like high to medium or medium to high. The EVA foam is used to construct the midsole that delivers long-lasting performance and enhances the flexibility level.
The ON designed the best Cloudsurfer Sneaker for running purpose because of the use of CloudTec Cushioning technology. This technology activates during the foot strikes as well as turn into the firm for presenting an efficient toe-off.
The outsole rubber also uses the CloudTec rubber that enhances the durability of the shoes. The traction comes with a honeycomb pattern that gives reliable and consistent grip to all type of runner.
- The combination materials such as rubber, synthetic, and mesh present the more consistent, durable, reliable, breathable, and more comfortable running shoes.
- It has molded insole of shoes ideally to provide the arch support to all type of runners.
- The manufacturer constructs the outsole of the shoe by using CloudTec rubber that provides great
- It is available in plenty of sizes and eye-catching colors on the market.
- The collar and tongue are lightly padded, which delivers an additional comfortable experience.
- The outsole is not durable.
- This is heavyweight
The technologies used in the GEL-Nimbus 20 allows you to walk or run for a hundred miles with comfort. The technology of FLYTEFOAM offers excellent back bounce and more responsive as well. You will enjoy a comfortable and smoother ride. The GEL-Brand technology infused in the forefoot and rearfoot that attenuates shock and permits you to move your feet in many planes.
Additionally, the upper of the running shoes are equipped with FLUIDFIT technology that provides a combination of benefits. The mesh provides a multidirectional stretch where it is needed and a customized fitting as well. The heel counter comes with Exoskeleton that gives enhanced support and generates improved an environment for heel fitting with cushioning feel.
GEL-Nimbus shoes provide natural support to all level of runners as well as printed 3-D overlay provide additional customized support as well. The midsole of the shoe is used FLUIDRIDE to construct the best long distance running shoes. The rubber outsole helps to provide you more stability on the road while you are running or walking.
- The manufacturer constructs the top layer of the shoes by using FLUIDFIT technology that provides breathable and stretchy shoes.
- Heel clutching system supports the runner heel and generates an enhanced environment for heel fitting.
- You can enjoy a comfortable and smoother ride because it comes with FLYTEFOAM technology.
- The GEL-Nimbus shoes provide a natural motion to the foot with additional support.
- It is available in multiple colors and sizes on the market.
- It does not provide good arch support.
- It is not suitable for wide foot people.
Saucony designed the Ride 10 running shoes that use the premium quality material. It provides a smoother and more comfortable ride with arch support. You can confidently wear it on the track or road surfaces.
The imported mesh material is used to construct the upper layer of the shoes that increase the breathability. This material also helps to present the best long distance running shoes with lightweight fitting.
Furthermore, all type of runner has a different shape of their foot and the Ride 10 running shoes are ideal for all of them. The outsole uses the great quality rubber that provides more support and stability to the shoes. The runner can comfortably run at both road and track surfaces and it is just because of enhanced TRI-FLEX outsole.
You will feel more secure, comfortable, and protective because it provides continuous cushioning with more flexibility. It is available in multiple colors and sizes, which allows you to choose the appropriate size according to your foot shape.
- The TRI-FLEX outsole permits you to run with confidence at both track and road surfaces.
- It is accessible in multiple sizes and colors on the market.
- The premium quality material provides you comfortable and supportive running shoes.
- The mesh is used to construct the upper of the shoes that present breathable
- The heel is not well padded that provide less comfort to your heel.
- It offers a narrow fitting that is not suitable for all runners.
Mizuno uses Cloudwave technology to design the best long distance running shoes that deliver responsive, stable and cushioned ride simultaneously. The Cloudwave technology generates a smooth landing as well as a great transition from heel to toe. You will feel more comfortable while wearing the best long-distance running shoes.
Additionally, the Mizuno constructs the upper of the shoe by using the Airmesh that increases the breathability level. The Airmesh material makes the shoes durable, reliable, and more lightweight. All type of runner can confidently buy this shoe because the Company uses DYNAMOTION Fit technology. This technology provides the runner a customized fitting.
These technologies present the ideal running shoes because it gives a natural curve to your foot. If you are having any kind of foot pain such as heel pain or feeling stress on the toes then, the Wave Inspire 14 is the best choice for you. The rubber outsole also provides great stability with arch support.
- The Airmesh material is used to construct the upper of the shoe that presets the breathable shoes.
- The textile and synthetic present the shoes that give the runner flexible support for enjoying a comfortable and smooth ride.
- This economical shoe is available in multiple colors and sizes on the market.
- The rubber sole provides the stability to the shoes and the runner can run on the different surfaces with confidence.
- It is not suitable for all runners because it does not provide good arch
Last but not least. Nike Pegasus 35 comes with Fitsole sock-liner that conforms your foot in a natural way. In addition to that, the Flymesh material is used to design the upper layer of shoes that presents the breathable shoes to the runners.
The outsole of the shoes uses the premium rubber material, which makes the shoe anti-slippery. You can enjoy your running at all surfaces confidently. The premium ST cushioning foam is used to construct the insole of the shoes.
Nike Pegasus 35 shoes provide you great arch support and additional comfort to the heel. It is accessible in multiple colors and sizes on the market. It is an economical option for runners. The entire Air zoom units come with the shoes for providing a great back bounce and responsiveness as well.
- The manufacturer uses the Flymesh to construct the upper of the shoes that increase the breathability of the shoes.
- The outsole helps to increase the stability and offers great transition.
- You can purchase the best long distance running shoes in multiple trendy colors and available in multiple sizes.
- The Fitsole sock-liner helps to calm your foot in a natural way and provide a cushioning feel to your foot.
- All type of runners can purchase the Pegasus 35 by Nike economical running shoes.
- The outsole does not provide a great grip or stability.
The overwhelming list of best long distance running shoes is so enormous that finding a pair can become an irksome task in no time. Therefore, we have developed this buying guide to provide you with guidance on some of the feature that you must not ignore if you want to buy the best long distance running shoes for yourself.
What defines the best pair for running long distances?
As you are going to run for long distances therefore, the support and comfort level should be the topmost priority here. It also needs to be very durable and must be capable to take a lot of tolls. The cushioning should be at its very best because your feet need to be safe from the impact.
Things to consider before buying
The most important element that you must not ignore under any circumstances is sizing. Your pair needs to fit well. Your feet need to be fully relaxed while you have your kicks on. Make sure that the sizing of the shoes is not excessively big or small. A tight pair will cause discomfort while a loose pair can cause an injury. Some athletes do go for a pair that is slightly bigger than the original foot-size to keep the feet in proper position during the sprint.
2. Cushioning and Arch Support
As you are looking to go on long runs therefore, your feet will definitely require shock absorption capabilities. Some athletes use cushioning inserts to fulfill their needs. However, you can also find a variety of pairs that come with additional cushioning and flexibility. This cushioning will keep your feet safe from minor injuries and bruises caused by running for long distances. Arch support is another good feature and it should provide firm support but also be able to break down during a sprint.
You cannot run for long distances in a pair that is not comfortable for you to wear. For the people who run long distances, comfort becomes extremely crucial. If the pair is not comfortable you will not be able to concentrate on your run. Fitting of the shoes is another factor that can contribute here. This is where you need to try before you buy a running pair.
Price is another integral factor that you should consider before buying. Good quality running shoes for long distance does come at a hefty price but don’t go for the cheap ones either. But one thing you must keep in mind is that price doesn’t define quality in this scenario. You can go through a number of reviews to assess a variety of different product in this regard. Don’t make any hasty decisions or you will regret them later on.
Style has nothing to do when we talk about the features of good quality running shoes. However, with that being said, in recent times, the shoe manufacturers are focusing on this aspect as well. But we will still say that comfort and support level should be your top priorities and style comes in the end when making a choice of a long distance running pair.
6. Try before buy
Don’t forget to try a pair on before you finalize your deal. You should get accustomed to the pair you are considering to buy. It should be very flexible and provide your feet with excellent cushioning. It must feel right in your feet otherwise your runs will not feel very comfortable.
7. Don’t forget about the terrain
The terrain is going to matter a lot. Running on a trail is different from the road and similar is the case with a treadmill too. Running on trails will require additional support while running on roads will need more protection against impact. It also goes with the fact that how you run on all these surfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I look to replace my running shoes?
If you compare your long distance running pair with others, it will be far more durable than others. Proper maintenance such as cleaning, airing and resting your shoes also contributes significantly to improving the lifespan of these pairs. However, you should look to replace a pair after 600 to 800 miles. You need to do so by assessing the wearing out of the pair on your own. But anything more than 800 miles is not recommended.
2. While training for a marathon, should I focus on speed or concentrate on distance?
Marathon is definitely a competition but the true challenge is about finishing it. Therefore, it is wise to concentrate on distance first and speed later on. Make sure that you can finish the race before you start planning to win it. While training when you are confident that you can finish it then start working on speed.
3. What should I do to pick the right size of running shoes for myself?
Before, you turn to select the size for your pair; make sure to know what types of terrains you will be sprinting. Weather is another factor to consider here. You need to have your feet very relaxed when you are on the run. Traction, breathability, shock absorptions, flexibility, comfort, and support are all the elements that you need to check before you label a pair that it’s a good fit.
4. Is weight an important factor in choosing the best running shoes?
Yes, weight is very critical in all aspects. Most people think that if it is heavy then it will adversely impact your performance. However, the reality is quite on the contrary. Lightweight shoes don’t have enough cushioning in them. They might make you feel that you are going faster but you will lose support and stability. A heavy pair will come with excellent cushioning and this should be your preference for long distance runs.
To sum it all up, the winner of this roundup turns out to be the Adrenaline GTS 18. This running pair is the best long-distance running shoes that you will find on the market. The mesh of the upper is very breathable and the pair features a rubber sole that adds to its durability. This pair features stellar cushioning that will keep your feet stable during your run and also available in different color combinations at a very affordable price.
There are other choices to explore as well. Just look for the adequate sizing and appropriate support and stability features in a pair. Impact reduction is another critical feature that you must not ignore. All these traits should be there if you want to prevent your feet from any injuries and enhance your parathion performance.
If you think we missed out on something then identifies it by leaving a comment below.
Time to run!